Brisbane Market Update August 20
- The vacancy rate rose to 12.8%, up 1.8% on the year prior
- Due to supply additions. A Grade segments recorded positive demand
- Brisbane Fringe vacancy 14.2%
- Gold Coast vacancy increased to 13% driven by negative demand for space
- There is a weak outlook for rent growth
- Major infrastructure projects are underway, including Cross River Rail, Queens Wharf, Brisbane Metro and Brisbane Live. This will and will continue to stimulate local economy and provide some confidence to the business community
- Uncertainty still exists with the ongoing impact of COVID
Vacancy rates in key areas *
|Brisbane CBD||12.8%||Brisbane Fringe||14.2%|
|* Figures are based on TRS research Feb – Jul 20|
- TRS’ independence from landlords / agents creates stronger leverage on your behalf.
- Landlords believe they hold an “advantage” over tenants; we secure better terms for tenants to safeguard your position.
- We offer advisory services across commercial leasing, renewals, fit outs and make goods.
- Whether you stay or go TRS can optimise your negotiations on any lease service.